Treating Dehydration Also Helps With Excessive Sweating
The risk of dehydration is particularly great in babies, children, the elderly and people who sometime sweat excessively. Because of this danger it’s very important to treat them immediately. Any case of dehydration has the potential to become a life-threatening situation.
Some of the more visible signs of dehydration include thirst, dark colored urine, lethargy or unexplained tiredness, dizziness, lack of tears when crying (mostly in children), headache, or blood in stool (mostly in children). You can also experience dehydration if you’re not drinking enough while doing strenuous activities, and of course excessively sweating.
When people become dehydrated as a result of illness, prolonged periods outdoors in the heat or excessive sweating it’s possible to use home remedies for treatment. However, these remedies should not replace immediate medical help when necessary.
Some options available to you are:
1. Lime juice: Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon sugar to approximately 1 pint of water. Sip this all throughout the day.
2. Electrolyte replacement drink: Add 1 tablespoon of salt, 2-3 tablespoons of sugar or honey and ½ package of kool-aid or other unsweetened flavor powder or syrup to 1 liter of water and mix well. NOTE: Do not use artificial sweeteners to replace the sugar or honey.
3. Flat soda: Any of the light colored soft drinks, such as ginger ale and Sprite can be opened to let all the fizz out. If you need to flatten the soda in a hurry, stir quickly with a spoon until no fizz is left.
4. Water based soups: Bouillons or stocks such as chicken or beef. For more substance, try adding some crushed soda crackers.
5. Flavored gelatins: Gelatins work well for rehydration, as their primary ingredient is water. The variety of flavors available enables you to provide a bit of variety.
6. Breast milk and formula: If you are breastfeeding your child, continue to do so even if baby is vomiting. If you are bottle feeding you child, start out with two days of electrolyte replacement followed by a day of half-strength formula. Return to full strength formula after one complete day.
7. BRAT diet: A diet of bananas, rice, apples and toast can be started when vomiting has ceased for at least four hours. Other simple starch items such as potatoes or noodles can also be used. Use this diet for adults and children who are already weaned.
Another way to help beat dehydration is by staying cool. Hot weather is especially dangerous for the elderly, infants and excessive sweaters. Start by removing excess clothing and switching to loose and light clothing instead.
Air conditioned environments are fantastic options for keeping body temperatures in the normal range, breaking any cycles of heat exposure. However, if air conditioning is not an option you can choose to use fans indoors. If you must be outside, choose a shaded area to lessen the heat.
Spray bottles or sprits bottles filled with lukewarm water can be used to refresh exposed areas of skin. The exposed skin surfaces will benefit from the cooling resulting from evaporation. It’s important, however, to steer clear of excessive cold. Ice packs or ice water applied to the skin can result in the skin’s blood vessels contracting. This will result in a decrease instead of increase in heat loss. Not to mention the shivering exposure to extreme cold causes - this in turn increases body temperature all over again.
From infants and the elderly to excessive sweaters, dehydration is a serious condition. By following these recommendations you will find yourself able to deal with the effects of dehydration should they strike you or others around you.
Attention Excessive Sweaters!
Ready to Launch Into the Dry, Sweat-Free Life You've Always Wanted?
Discover the most comprehensive source of EASY ways, strategies, tactics, ideas, techniques, methods, steps, action plans, tips, secrets and cures etc.... for naturally curing your excessive sweating! Available online now at: www.ExcessiveSweatingCures.com
Wishing you great success.
POB 13914 Scottsdale, Arizona 85267
callanetics are good for you
drinking and exercise
five easy exercises
homemade sports drinks
how to treat dehydration
swimming stress buster
top ten power foods
what are electrolytes
what is hyponatremi
The Purpose Of Sweating After Drinking Water
Dangers For Athletes Who Excessively Sweating
A Guide To Excessive Sweating And Blood Pressure
Understanding The Causes Of Excessive Sweating
Can Chronic Pain Cause Excessive Sweating?
Dealing With Excessive Armpit Sweat
Dealing With Excessive Sweating
Dealing With Night Sweating
Understanding The Causes Of Excessive Head Sweating
OTC Items And Extreme Solutions For Excessive Sweating
Understanding Facial Sweating
A GuideTo Sweating
Iontophoresis For Hand Sweating
Getting Help For Hot Flashes And Sweating
The Connection Between Humidity And Sweating
A Guide To Excessive Sweating And Hypnotherapy
Understanding Why Sweating Is Important To Survival
Understanding The Medical Causes Of Excessive Sweating
A Guide To Excessive Sweating Medical Conditions
The Problem Of Night Sweating
The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of Profuse Sweating
Puberty And Sweating: Not A Fun Time
How To Reduce Sweating
How To Stop Sweating Naturally
Tips To Stop Sweating So Much
Benefits Of Sweating Aerobics
Natures Air Conditioner: Why Sweating Cools People Off
What To Do When You Have Sweating Feet
A Guide To Sweating Problems
Dealing With Underarm Sweating Problems For Teens
Learning How To Stop Sweating
A Guide To Treating Anxiety Sweating
Links Between Sweating, Trembling And Weight Loss
Ways To Stop Sweating
Dealing With Excessive Sweating And Weight Gain